Strange Creatures



I have an on-going fascination with horses which are considered by some as messengers who relay information from the unconscious to the conscious, and from the spiritual to the physical. My attraction to horses is irrational as I am not a rider, yet like most children my childhood was filled with stories of these strange creatures. There is a sense that they can carry you off to another world, like the world that is found in hypnosis which allows us to re-think, re-feel, re-see and re-know - this for me is “to go where the words don’t live", where meaning is expansive and plural.


© 2013 Deborah Claire Procter
© 2013 Photo: Angharad Taris


Photo taken during research project "What If", funded by Arts Council of Wales, developed into the plan for an opera "A Horse Bleeding Shakespeare" by Deborah Claire Procter (in photo) and composer Oscar Edelstein.

Comments

Popular Posts